Gmail is the most popular webmail service provider in the world today. It was created by Paul Buchheit. Since its release on 1st April 2004, it has garnered an active user base of 1.2 billion according to a July 2017 statement by its parent company Google. This accounts for a whopping 20% of the global email market.
Advantages of Gmail
There are a number of reasons for the popularity of Gmail over other webmail service providersin Hotmail . It is popular among common users as well as businesses.
Its advantages include better security and malware protection, effective spam filter, large cloud storage and attachment size limit, 0 downtime, negligible message delivery time, highly customisable and easy-to-use interface, conversation format message stacking, free access to many apps, multiple (up to 5) POP account access and feature-laden and economical paid plans.
How to Delete Gmail Account | Gmail Account
Gmail provides an easy step-by-step procedure to delete your account, with a number of security checkpoints and a back-out option at the end.
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the circular button on the top right corner of the page that contains your display picture(DP) and click on the “Google Account” button. Alternatively, you can on the grid button immediately to the left of the DP button and click on the circular “Account” button, which will also contain your DP.
- Either action opens the “Google Account” page. Click on the “Data & personalization” button( 3rd option) on the left of the page. This takes you to the respective page.
- Scroll down on the website and locate “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data” part.
- Click on the 3rd button “Delete a service or your account” that will take you to the corresponding page in gmail .
- Click on the “Delete your account” link under the 2nd option “Delete your Google Account”.
- You will now be asked to log in to your account again with your password to verify it’s you.
- Google gives you the option to “download your data” before deletion. There will also be 2 checkboxes, the first reminding you about pending financial transactions and the second asking to confirm the deletion action of both account and its data. Check them both.
- Finally, click on the “DELETE ACCOUNT” option located at the bottom in hotmail.
Google then confirms that the account and its data have been deleted. It also informs you that if the account was deleted accidentally, it can be recovered within a short time frame by clicking on “Account support” and following the necessary steps to verify the user’s identity.